Family Portrait

Family Portrait
"But Mom, what if a train comes?"

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

School and Soccer

We got a TON of pumpkins this year since we got two separate batches. We decided it was time to pick the rest even though a couple were still green. We put this one inside to have an experiment and see how long it took to get orange. Brandon and Ryan wore matching outfits.
My sweet piano player. She is really getting very good.
Cody was coloring and singing really loudly. Of course when I went to get a video, he stopped. So we had to settle for a picture.
It dropped 30 degrees this week and Brandon had soccer practice in the cold. He came in with pink cheeks and sweaty hair (from wearing a snow hat). He looked so cute.
I know this picture may not seem significant. But it is. Today is the first time in his life that Cody's hair hasn't been totally poking up all over. I don't know what happened. I guess he is just growing up.
Now the pumpkin has a little orange in it.
I found this picture on my cell phone from kindergarten registration for Brandon. It was Brandon and Cody's first time on a school bus. They were in heaven as we drove around the block. Brandon got this school assignment back this week. He did so great. It takes him forever, but he sure does have nice handwriting.

The kids really wanted to make a Bingo chart for when they watch conference. They picked out the pictures and where to put them. I thought it turned out pretty cute.
Kathleen got her first 10/10 on a spelling test last week. We were so proud that when she got home, she and I jumped up and down and screamed with excitement. Now I think she expects me to do that every week. So this week when she came home with 9/10, we still jumped up and down.
My cute family: These kids really do love their daddy.

More soccer pics:



Yes, this is a very flattering picture of me in my pajamas. Ryan and I made some banana bread.

The kids had their primary program at church and got little medals for a good job. They loved them so much that they wore them to school the next day and only took them off at night when their mean mom made them.

Kathleen has started taking better care of her things. So while she was at school, mom and Cody fixed up her doll house really nice and added a bunch of fun things to it that had once been taken away. She loved it and played in her room with it for a very long time.

Cody had his friends Autumn and Daniel over to play the other day. They jumped on the trampoline while pretending to be superheros. The best was that Autumn was "Ordinary Girl!"

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Cody looks a lot like xander in the picture with his hair down. Can't wait to see you!