Family Portrait

Family Portrait
"But Mom, what if a train comes?"

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First Day of School

Yesterday was the first day of school for Kathleen and Brandon now too. Brandon started Kindergarten and loved every minute of it. Yes, they dressed themselves. And yes, Cody's shirt is on backwards.


Brandon got to ride the bus for the first time.
So I drove to school to meet him there.



Kathleen's home.
Cody got fettuccini alfredo all over his face, hair, and table and chair. All Kathleen wanted for dinner was shrimp on her first day of school.
Ryan and I made salsa. Here it is in the pico de gallo state.
Day two of school. They are ready.
The kids were so excited for school that they were all ready 30 minutes before the bus was to come and couldn't wait to go to the bus stop. The best part of the day was when Brandon came home. They told me the bus would drop him off in front of the house, but they dropped him off at the end of our street. When I saw the bus, I started running down the street to meet him. He got off, saw me and started running toward me with the biggest grin on his face. When he got to me, he jumped up (amazingly avoiding collision with any major organs) into my arms and gave me the biggest hug ever. Later he said, "Mom, I just love school."
When we were at the zoo last week we had our pictures taken in a photo booth. The kids thought it was pretty exciting.

Here is the work Brandon brought home from his first day of school. Pretty cute.

4 comments:

Jon and Michelle said...

Yeah first day of school. It is kinda nice when they go back to school... but wait Brandon isn't old enough. They seem so young still. We miss you guys!! Hey Ang, I was wondering what your friends blog or website is for those purses?? The one you had at the cabin.. love it and I keep meaning to ask you.

Unknown said...

salsa? From the salsa garden? I missed out...

Jonathan, Ashley, and Family said...

How exciting. That's great that Brandon just loves school, I bet that makes it so much easier. Faith starts her first day in 5 days!!!

Madsen Family said...

School started already? Boy, that seems early. But I bet it's nice to have them back in school for a while. Such cute pictures and sweet Brandon stories. I hope he loves school forever.