By the way, I realize there are a lot of made-up words in this post. Can you find some?
Family Portrait
"But Mom, what if a train comes?"
Monday, September 7, 2009
Present Day
Do you like our salsa we made? We were so proud of ourselves. We used tomatoes, jalapenos, bell peppers, and onions all from our garden.
The boys are ready for the bus stop. Brandon has been getting ready so early and so fast that we have had to start doing chores in the morning. I guess he really likes school.


Present Day finally arrived. We have had many inquires as to how to celebrate this special occasion. So here it is if you want to join in. It takes place every year the Wednesday before Labor Day. On Monday for FHE, we all go to the store and separate into teams. There is a budget for each person (usually $5-10). Everyone gets a gift. We go home and wrap them. Then on Wednesday after dinner, we open them one at a time. There are never too many days in the year where you get presents!
I got a kickball and a candy bar. The ball has been so much fun and we have played a lot with it. The best part is that I always get to kick first since it is "my" ball.






I was babysitting some kids the other day and Autumn and Cody tucked themselves into Kathleen's bed. It was so cute I had to get a photo.
I woke up the other morning after the kids and came downstairs to this. They were all coloring quietly. That never happens.
One day the kids and I were all sitting on the stairs (I am not sure why). Brandon asked if we could take a picture with the timer on. So we did. Clearly we take too many pictures on our stairs.
The day has finally arrived. Even better than present day. What could it possibly be you ask? Well, here it is. Cody FINALLY pooped in the potty. He has been potty trained without a pee accident for a month and a half, but has not once pooped in the toilet. It has been a lot of fun clean-up. But Friday, he finally did it. And has done it consistently since, without help. YIPEEEEE! So he got a Thomas the Train toy with a new track to add to his old one.
By the way, I realize there are a lot of made-up words in this post. Can you find some?
By the way, I realize there are a lot of made-up words in this post. Can you find some?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Knowing you, there are probably more, but I found:
untaped (of course this is just misspelled)
pottying
Your salsa looks amazing... don't you just love how that smell lingers in your house for days, and days, and days!!!
I love your present day tradition too! Three cheers for presents -- and potty training!
pottying and untaped and of course present day...
lol very nice....
I can't believe I forgot present day! I love it... :) Your kids are so funny... I like the stairs picture.
Post a Comment