Family Portrait

Family Portrait
"But Mom, what if a train comes?"

Monday, December 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Ryan

Every year we have a fun gingerbread house party and this year I promised the kids we could make a real gingerbread house (instead of using graham crackers) from a real kit.

Brandon mostly decorated the front of the house.
Kathleen took care of the back while Cody did the tree.
Kathleen got an award at school this week for academics. It is the "Principal's Pride Award." She was so excited. She got the award because of how great a reader she is and how much time she spends reading (she loves it). And also because over the last month they studied pilgrims in school. Kathleen got a book on pilgrims and read it over and over and got so into it. The teacher said Kathleen even knew more than she did on the subject. We are so proud of how hard she works at school.
Kathleen and her teacher: Ryan celebrated the 3rd anniversary of his 29th birthday on Saturday.
We had our annual gingerbread house party. I am sure Ryan enjoyed that special event on his birthday. Don't worry, I cleaned the floor afterward so he wouldn't have to (of course, he went to a funeral during that time so I don't know that it really counts).
Here is Cody with one of his best friends Daniel.
We decided to try out a little experiment on Sunday morning. Fill a glass half way with water. Put in 1/4 cup vinegar. Then add 3 tsp. (one at a time) of baking soda. If it doesn't completely explode, then you can add 5 raisins. The raisins sink to the bottom of the glass. Then they start to dance. The kids LOVED it.
We finally got some snow. The kids were pretty excited and had to go play in it, even though there wasn't much.
Merry Christmas. Here are our Christmas cards for the year:

2 comments:

Madsen Family said...

Happy B-day, Ry-guy. Looks like a fun day. Can we come to the Gingerbread House Party next year? I think that would be grand!

Unknown said...

Does that make Ryan 32? Maybe next year Clayton and I will come visit closer to Christmas