Family Portrait

Family Portrait
"But Mom, what if a train comes?"

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First Day of School

The kids had their first day back at school today. It took more effort than expected, but I didn't cry (too much).  They were all smiles when they got home.
 Naturally, on the first day, the kids get ready faster than normal.  So the boys sat on the stairs playing games with their backpacks on.
 For some reason they love taking this picture every year.  I guess they are officially turning their backs on me.  Ha ha.


 We had to get as much swimming in as we could before school started.  No one else had that idea.  Kathleen even got to have the pool to herself for a while (the boys were cold and got out).
 Kathleen and her friend had a peach stand and sold $25 worth of peaces at $0.10 a peach.  She was pretty excited.
 Cody and Kathleen started soccer and Brandon started football.  This is the only picture I have so far, but stay tuned for more.
 We canned peaches.  Man our trees have so many we don't know what to do with them all.  But they are delicious.  We have had peaches in every meal in some way it seems.
 Brandon's best friend (his primary teacher) was released on Sunday.  He cried.  So then, of course, I cried.  We had a nice long cry together.  We love him.
 We went out for frozen yogurt to celebrate our last day of summer vacation.
 The boys were big helpers picking peaches.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh man...your kids are so cute. Especially Brandon with his hair all combed back like that. haha. And I can't believe you got Cody to play sports!