Family Portrait

Family Portrait
"But Mom, what if a train comes?"

Saturday, October 22, 2011

October Fun

You may be wondering what we have been doing since Disneyland. Sometimes I wish I could say, "NOTHING!" But life must continue...even after Disneyland. But we have had some fun at home. Here we are at the corn maze:Making Halloween sugar cookies:
I am in a Bunco group and it was my month to host. So I did a Halloween-themed dinner. Instead of boring you with all my crazy stuff, I thought I would show my favorite. A pumpkin puking guacamole with bat wings...I mean blue corn chips:
Ryan was so funny. We always decorate our house for holidays. He asked me what additional things I was doing for bunco. I laughed because I don't DECORATE for bunco. I spend my time cooking food. That's it! But he didn't seem to think that was good enough so we picked out this just for my bunco gals, because everyone knows when you eat and drink, you must:
Brandon has been reading to Cody a lot lately. I love it.
Kathleen has been working on her "Faith in God" with her dad. One of her projects was to plan and prepare a nutritious meal. Here she is doing it:
Brandon's hair is getting long, but sometimes he still likes to play with it. We called this look, "hedgehog hair".
Ryan and I were canning jam last night and just as it started to bubble, our iPod started playing "Double, Double, Toil and Trouble". It was so funny that I had to get a picture of it.
Today was all about sports. First was Brandon's last football game of the season starting at 8:30 a.m. We went straight from there to Kathleen's soccer game.
Then we picked up lunch on our way to the next big sporty thing of the day. We took our kids to a BSU football game. I think Brandon very well may have been in heaven the whole time.
Kathleen took these pictures by the way.
I guess I took this one. Everyone was super nice. A lady gave Kathleen this cute thing to wear in her hair and the people behind us kept sneaking caramel corn to Cody. They were playing against Air Force and it was a pretty good game. So fun.
And now (no pictures of this) I am sitting on the couch watching the World Series. I guess sports just never get old.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome...I really want that guacamole recipe...it looks really good...

{Alynn} said...

DISNEYLAND?!? Jelous. Maybe someday...

I love all your fun ideas! You have such a fun time as a family! That toilet?!? Fantastic!