Ryan decided that we needed to rest for Labor Day. But by rest, he means play with no work, which is so unlike him. So we went on a tour of "daddy's work". The kids had never been there and LOVED it. We thought they would be bored, but as it turned out, they didn't want to leave.



They had such a good time that they actually loved each other in the car for a change.

So we took them to lunch at my new favorite restaurant: Flatbread Community Oven. Mmm.

The kids got to make their own pizzas.

Then we went to a candy store. Can anyone say, "Spoiled!?"

We have had a massive bee infestation this summer. Sorry for anyone who ran into me the week I was attacked by a swarm. I wasn't pleasant for a few days after that.

We went to a fun park on Monday for a picnic and wiffle ball. I had to get this picture to remember the moment when Ryan said to me, "How many kids do you think I can peg with this ball before parents start asking me to leave?" Don't worry, I took the ball away before he could get any kids with it.

This park has super fun walking paths with fish and other fun wildlife. The kids especially loved the 7 1/2 foot sturgeon.


And Cody:
2 comments:
I was really hoping to go into labor on labor day. Not really, though, since that would have been a little too early. I, too, did no labor on Labor Day. I did, however, direct my husband in doing lots of labor for me that day (you know, set up the crib, the rocker, etc.) Glad you had fun on labor day (wish Ryan would have started pegging kids with the football, though. That would have been funny).
How fun! Dads work is always a hit here too. Your kids are so cute! Oh and I love present day... I may just have to steal that one from you :)
Post a Comment