Family Portrait

Family Portrait
"But Mom, what if a train comes?"

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Present Day!!!

Yesterday was our annual family PRESENT DAY!!! We LOVE present day. If you don't know us very well, then you don't know about our annual tradition. So I will explain it to you. I decided back in the year 2000 that there weren't enough days in the year when one got presents. (Of course, that was before I had children and had to spend millions of dollars a year on presents for them.) But back before the kids, it just seemed like there weren't enough days. And I wanted presents!!!! So I invented a new holiday to sucker my husband into buying me gifts. Magically, he consented. Probably we were still too newly married for him to learn to say, "No! Woman!" But no matter the reason, he agreed and it started a new, and fun tradition at our house.Every year, the Wednesday before Labor Day is Present Day. Everyone in the family gets one gift (with a predetermined budget each year). We love our silly little gifts and have fun keeping the secret from each other of what all the other gifts are.





If you know what is good for you, you very well may start celebrating present day too. :)

3 comments:

Krista said...

Seriously this should be a National Holiday. I HAVE to start this for my fam, I could always use a present!

Mom/Lisa said...

I love love love present day!

Madsen Family said...

I want present day at my house! Really, there aren't enough days where we get presents. P.S. Your kids are getting too grown up too fast. They all look darling in their school clothes. That is a crack-up about Brandon's jersey!