Family Portrait

Family Portrait
"But Mom, what if a train comes?"

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Fear the Beard Part 2

Well, here it is. What you have all been waiting for. Ryan, fully grown beard and shaggy hair. The winner for best comment was when a friend had returned after being out of town for a month. He asked, "Did Ryan get bit by a werewolf while I was gone?" Yes, yes he did. But in one day, it was all gone and he has a face again. And we are back to no one recognizing him again.
Oh, and Kathleen got bangs. She is quite proud of them.
We left off with week 5 for Ryan's beard. So here it is:
Week 6:
Week 7:
Week 8:
Shaggy boys refused to cut their hair until dad did:

See how much better we all look:
Now, I haven't updated my blog in a month. Sorry. So get ready for a little bit of everything. Here we are all ready for the trek:
At Shakespeare festival:
We have designated Friday as "Fun Day" at our house if the kids get their chores done all week. The first "Fun Day" we went mini golfing.

Father's Day:
Cody's pizza party/award ceremony for baseball:
And just to freak you out, here is my 7-year-old scaling a fence like it's nothing:

5 comments:

Jared said...

Ryan sure does looking funny with facial hair, hehe.

Unknown said...

Oh goodness...your boys all look so different with long hair...oh and Kathleen's bangs look adorable.

Unknown said...

LOVE IT! THE WOLF COMMENT WAS FUNNY!

Krista said...

You are right, I fear the beard. The picture of Ryan at the Shakespeare festival...scary! I prefer the nice clean shaven boys.

Madsen Family said...

I like a clean-cut beard. Ryan's was a little scary for my taste. Hope Pioneer Trek was good! I bet you're glad it's over, though. I love Kathleen's bangs--she looks so grown up!