Family Portrait

Family Portrait
"But Mom, what if a train comes?"

Monday, August 24, 2009

Marc and Suzy

Ryan and I had a great time watching the meteor shower the other night. We put the kids to bed, then laid out on the trampoline and had a nice evening watching some of the most amazing meteors I have ever seen. I didn't take any pictures of it, but I found this one online and thought it looked just like what we saw, so I am posting it. Ryan turned 1 billion seconds old on August 13th at 3:16 and 40 seconds in the morning. Yeah, I know. But we had a little party with some friends and got him a silly "birthsecond" gift.
Marc, Suzy, Emily, and Carter came to visit last weekend. It was so much fun to see them. We do have a tendency to harass Marc a little too much, but we love them and miss living near them.


We went to a park:





For some reason our pumpkins quit growing and turned orange. I am not sure why that happened, but we picked them and new ones are growing now. Crazy.
The Hawks have a tradition that one of the baseball payers reads a story to the kids before the Tuesday night games. It was so fun, and a pretty cute story.
The kids have been begging to stay up with mom and dad instead of going to bed. So we told them they could earn a movie night. Well, they did. They worked hard and did some grueling chores (toilet cleaning was involved). So we ate caramel popcorn, watched Ghostbusters and slept together in the family room. All after bedtime.
We went to Cascade Lake this weekend to explore where girl's camp will be next year. On the way there, the kids got car sick and Brandon threw up all over everything (at his feet were all the kids blankets and pillows). So we pulled over to clean Brandon up as he continued to throw up out the side of the van. Then Kathleen got up and started puking out her side of the van.
It was like puke shooting everywhere. But at least none ended up in the van. Just on all of Brandon's clothes and the kids blankets. Luckily Ryan's boss has a cabin there and let us do laundry. Thanks Justin, you're a lifesaver.
Kathleen and her personality:
Kathleen and Cody were playing so cute on the edge of the tile the other day.
Sometimes boys like to do their hair too.
My sister-in-law sent me this picture and I though it was pretty funny. Go Sox!
Kathleen drew this picture for Cody. I thought it was really good for a 7-year-old.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

WOW!!! You guys have been busy. I love that you posted the picture I sent you. We sure miss you guys! Sorry about all the puking. It seems to be going around!

{Alynn} said...

Wow, what a summer! You guys are just party animals... love the second birthday! : ) We had a major case of the pukes in our van on the way home from WA, ugh. Wipees just don't cut it, do they?

Dinger said...

What a busy summer you have had. I didn't even know there was a meteor shower, that would have been beautiful to watch! And yes, some boys do like to do their hair, my four year old likes to put on my make-up too! (Don't tell his father!!)

Unknown said...

lol that Red Sox sign rocks. Kathleen is going to have problems as a teenager...she's going to be the girl that goes out with guys that ride motorcycles. Just wait for it. Oh and yes, I am proud of you for playing a percussion instrument in the park!

Mom/Lisa said...

What cute pictures! Happy Birthday Ryan! That van puking story is very sad but I am laughing. Remember Alyssa when she had to "go potty" on the way to California? ha ha Love Brandon's hair and Kathleen's attitude and just plain cute Cody.