Family Portrait

Family Portrait
"But Mom, what if a train comes?"

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Brandon Turns 8!!!

Brandon turned 8 yesterday.  I can't believe my boy is so big  We took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese for the morning.
 The kids love to give mom presents in bed on Mother's Day.  So even though it was 2 in the afternoon by the time we got around to gifts, we still all hopped in bed for it (it's okay.  Ryan made the bed today.  It totally wouldn't fly if I had).
 This picture needs not explanation:
 For the life of me I couldn't get this picture to rotate.  But for teacher appreciation week I had the fun idea that the moms would take over recess duty for the week.  Believe it or not, it was so much fun.  The kids were a blast and I think the teachers loved it.
 I got to go with Kathleen on a field trip to the Capital building.
 She thinks she is a senator.
 More Chuck E. Cheese (apparently these pictures are in no kind of order.  Sorry).

 Brandon had a "Camping" themed birthday party.  It was a riot.
 Oh, and I had a birthday last week too.  May is crazy busy for us.

 Brandon really wanted breakfast in bed for his birthday.  Unfortunately he was so excited that he woke up at 6:00 a.m.  And yes, it was a Saturday.  If he wasn't so cute, he would be dead.  He asked for berries.  Weird, but totally Brandon.
 Opening presents from Mom and Dad:

 He went out to get the mail and there were 3 letters for him!  Imagine that!  Perfect timing from the post man (that and mom confiscated them all week and held off until his birthday.  He had no idea).

 Playing dead man something.  They boys were so funny.
 Capture the flag:


 Ryan told a story in the tent.  I waited patiently outside of the tent to scare the kids.  Luckily none of them cried.
 Presents in the tent:

 Making S'mores:
 Brandon got a suit for his big day.  He has wanted one for a while.  If you know Brandon well, then you know he lives to be just like his daddy.  With any luck, that is how he will end up.  He sure does look good (just like his daddy).

 And of course, what is a picture without Cody?


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Brandon is so cute!

Mom/Lisa said...

Oh my gosh,Brandon looks soooo grown up in that suit. I love all of these pics!